Pinkston’s Senior Account Executives provide leadership and direction to their teams while managing media opportunities and helping to oversee day-to-day account operations and regularly interacts with clients. A Senior Account Executive will utilize their experience in working with the media to oversee daily engagement with media and sensitive topics.
- Status: Exempt Salaried
- Work Location: Falls Church, Virginia
- Travel: 5-10%
Role Responsibilities (Pitching/writing, media intel, client relations)
- Demonstrate expertise in working with the media while building relationships with press contacts
- Ability to provide strategic guidance on media interactions, including navigating high-profile media opportunities and sensitive situations
- Collaborate with team leads to provide support for client accounts and interactions
- Effectively strategize and coordinate the development of written materials
- Create and implement strategic communications campaigns and plans for clients
- Develop people management skills, ability to oversee at a higher level
- Train, guide and manage day-to-day tasks of junior staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant communications and/or marketing experience
- Strong background in speaking to a variety of different audiences
- Adapts to change and meets deadlines
- Experience in communication campaign management
- Proven track record of media engagement
- Ability to balance and navigate multiple time-sensitive projects
- 3-4 years of experience in strategic communications
- Experience in training and overseeing staff
- Experience in working with executive leadership of clients/external organizations
- Possesses a sense of persistency in all tasks; seeks to push through challenges and ensure excellence in deliverables
- Commitment to excellence and drive to exceed expectations
- Seeks to see broader story of client work and understand how individual work contributes to a greater narrative
- Possesses a collaborative spirit, values teamwork and has strong ability to give and receive feedback and instruction
- Awareness of how actions impact internal organization and external stakeholders
Who We Are
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that builds world-changing outcomes for its clients and their communities. For more than 20 years, Pinkston has helped clients in a diverse range of industries find and refine their stories and share them with the world in unique and impactful ways. Our vision is to help our clients solve their toughest strategic challenges and make an outsized impact on their organization and the worlds they touch.
Pinkston offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-sponsored health, dental, and vision plans accompanied by employer-funded life insurance, HRA, and short-term disability plan. Optional long-term disability and additional Life Insurance are also available. Pinkston provides a 401k retirement plan and contributes to each employee’s retirement annually regardless of employee participation.
At Pinkston, we believe great things happen when people come together, and are committed to building a collaborative in-person work environment. Pinkston is also committed to a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexibility through an innovative hybrid work model that gives team members the opportunity to work 30% of the time remotely. Pinkston provides generous holiday and vacation policies, paid parental leave, and an additional week of paid “volunteer time off” to encourage employees to invest time in a 501C non-profit of their choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinkston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Pinkston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.