Account Executives at Pinkston regularly interact with members of the press and clients, coordinating interviews and facilitating meetings in addition to building a track record of media placements. Primary responsibilities include securing media coverage and developing written materials for clients. Account Executives remain updated on current events and news as they create unique opportunities for their clients within the news cycle.
- Status: Exempt Salaried
- Work Location: Falls Church, Virginia
- Travel: 0-5%
Role Responsibilities (Pitching/writing, media intel, client relations)
- Pitch stories to media contacts by email, social media and phone
- Coordinate with team to draft and edit written materials, including press releases and strategic communication plans
- Absorb and build a credible understanding of media outlets and audiences
- Identify creative placement opportunities for media coverage and communicate to clients
- Establish and develop working relationships with media contacts
- Identify relevant topics for clients within the news cycle
- Assist with the onboarding and development of entry level and new team members
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- 1-2 years of relevant communications and/or marketing experience
- Possesses strong research, interpersonal, writing and editing skills
- Adapts to change, meets deadlines and is able to prioritize client deliverables
- Public speaking experience
- Possesses a sense of persistency in all tasks; seeks to push through challenges and ensure excellence in deliverables
- Commitment to excellence and drive to exceed expectations
- Seeks to see broader story of client work and understand how individual work contributes to a greater narrative
- Possesses a collaborative spirit, values teamwork and has strong ability to give and receive feedback and instruction
- Awareness of how actions impact internal organization and external stakeholders
Who We Are
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that builds world-changing outcomes for its clients and their communities. For more than 20 years, Pinkston has helped clients in a diverse range of industries find and refine their stories and share them with the world in unique and impactful ways. Our vision is to help our clients solve their toughest strategic challenges and make an outsized impact on their organization and the worlds they touch.
Pinkston offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-sponsored health, dental, and vision plans accompanied by employer-funded life insurance, HRA, and short-term disability plan. Optional long-term disability and additional Life Insurance are also available. Pinkston provides a 401k retirement plan and contributes to each employee’s retirement annually regardless of employee participation.
At Pinkston, we believe great things happen when people come together, and are committed to building a collaborative in-person work environment. Pinkston is also committed to a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexibility through an innovative hybrid work model that gives team members the opportunity to work 30% of the time remotely. Pinkston provides generous holiday and vacation policies, paid parental leave, and an additional week of paid “volunteer time off” to encourage employees to invest time in a 501C non-profit of their choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinkston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Pinkston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.