Pinkston seeks to hire an Account Executive who will be responsible for performing public relations responsibilities for our clients. This individual will write press releases and other communications, pitch to reporters and bookers, respond to media requests for information, and coach clients on communicating with the media and the public. Added bonus if applicant has background in and understanding of either the healthcare or tech industry.
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that integrates traditional PR with social and digital media for modern, strategy-driven communications. This position will work out of our Falls Church, VA office. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations with “Account Executive” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter will be viewed as your first writing sample. No calls, please.
Pinkston offers a fun and rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package which includes Medical & Dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- At least two years of relevant communications, public relations, and / or marketing experience
- Experience in account management, interacting directly with C-level executives
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients and work within tight time frames
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Write press releases, pitch the media, and execute PR and communications-related duties
- Manage accounts and generate creative strategies that lead to positive media coverage for our clients.
- Have an understanding of digital marketing strategies across multiple marketing channels.