The Account Coordinator position is a role that exposes emerging talent to the foundational aspects of public relations and communications at Pinkston. An Account Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include interacting with the media, building media lists, pitching to and working with members of the press through written and verbal communication, as well as staying updated on current events and relevant news. Account Coordinators assist as needed with writing responsibilities around op-eds and press releases.
- Status: Exempt Salaried
- Work Location: Falls Church, Virginia
- Travel: 0-5%
- June 5th start date
- Create and maintain media lists of contacts
- Prepare new angles for pitching based on relevant news cycle
- Pitch stories to media contacts by email, social media and phone
- Secure interviews and media opportunities
- Edit and assist with press releases and other written materials
- Organize and track client media interactions
- Sustain awareness of various media platforms and understand audience profiles
- Build relationships with media contacts
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Robust interpersonal skills and demonstrated interest in working with clients
- Ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor
- 1-2 years of relevant communications and/or marketing experience
- Public relations or communications internship experience
- Public speaking experience
- Possesses a sense of tenacity in all tasks; seeks to push through challenges and ensure excellence in deliverables
- Commitment to excellence and drive to exceed expectations
- Seeks to see broader story of client work and understand how individual work contributes to a greater narrative
- Possesses a collaborative spirit, values teamwork and has strong ability to give and receive feedback and instruction
- Awareness of how actions impact internal organization and external stakeholders
Who We Are
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that builds world-changing outcomes for its clients and their communities. For more than 20 years, Pinkston has helped clients in a diverse range of industries find and refine their stories and share them with the world in unique and impactful ways. Our vision is to help our clients solve their toughest strategic challenges and make an outsized impact on their organization and the worlds they touch.
Pinkston offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-sponsored health, dental, and vision plans accompanied by employer-funded life insurance, HRA, and short-term disability plan. Optional long-term disability and additional Life Insurance are also available. Pinkston provides a 401k retirement plan and contributes to each employee’s retirement annually regardless of employee participation.
At Pinkston, we believe great things happen when people come together, and are committed to building a collaborative in-person work environment. Pinkston is also committed to a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexibility through an innovative hybrid work model that gives team members the opportunity to work 30% of the time remotely. Pinkston provides generous holiday and vacation policies, paid parental leave, and an additional week of paid “volunteer time off” to encourage employees to invest time in a 501C non-profit of their choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinkston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Pinkston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.