At Pinkston, we seek to create an unparalleled experience for our clients. Our clients range from technology and education to finance, humanitarian nonprofits, business startups and more. Our Digital Media Team seeks to serve them all with best in the world video, research, web design & development, paid digital strategies, messaging and branding support.
Our design team works closely with our strategy and strategic communication teams to develop and design brand and product concepts that support communication objectives across all media platforms.
We’re hiring a visual designer to join our experienced cross-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has a passion for creating outside-the-box, impactful designs that communicate complex ideas. On a day-to-day basis, you will collaborate with our onboarding team, researchers, web developers, messaging experts, and account managers throughout our client’s onboarding brand design and development lifecycle. You will have a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship, and you will have high standards for creating exceptional work. You are a flexible team player who knows how to work smart within constraints while advocating for excellent design standards every step of the way.
Role and Responsibilities
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Bachelors in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent design degree. Masters degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience designing for B2B and B2C in an agile, startup-like product development environment. UI design experience is a plus.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates creative brand thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats.
- Have experience leading/contributing to multiple B2B and B2C projects from concept to execution
- Fluency with standard design software (Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) to create visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi to help communicate a brand or product’s vision/objective/value.
- The ability to incorporate design thinking into our entire communication portfolio process.
- Diverse project experience in concept ideation, UI concepts/wireframing, design strategy, and working across multiple form factors.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to drive design solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional design portfolio must showcase work demonstrating mastery in creating impactful human-centered design solutions, well versed in the details that deliver delightful customer experiences with a clear articulation of their design process from concept to design solution.
Who We Are
Pinkston is an international strategic communications consultancy that offers an integrated collection of earned- and owned-media capabilities, including strategy, messaging and writing, media relations, social media, video production, web development, digital marketing and graphic design. Founded in 2001 and based in the Washington, D.C. area, Pinkston serves a wide range of clients including Fortune 100 companies, innovative technology startups, national non-profit organizations, international industry associations and numerous New York Times best-selling authors.