Pinkston is currently seeking an experienced candidate to join its growing Research team, helping to bring research plans to completion for the company’s clients across all sectors. The research manager will be responsible for facilitating research projects, including client coordination as well as contribution at every stage of a research study.
Who We Are & What We Do
At Pinkston, client experience is paramount. Our clients range from technology and education to finance, humanitarian nonprofits, business startups and more. Research informs and supports the work Pinkston does to guide clients in their communications and branding strategy, as well as earned and paid media programs, with an eye to long-term impact. The Research manager will work with cross-disciplinary teams to deliver powerful insights and integrate them into the broader communications plan.
Responsibilities & Ways of Working
Our fast-growing team is hands-on and must be nimble to adapt to a variety of project types, market categories, clients and teammates. The research manager will have primary responsibility for day-to-day execution of a range of studies, supported by account executive(s) but also able to complete tasks independently as needed. The manager will also have significant client interaction, with guidance and oversight on project direction from the SVP of Research. Our team is collaborative and service-minded, inquisitive and strategic.
- Draft proposals for new research projects, including input on methodology and approach
- Draft questionnaires to answer key research questions and meet objectives
- Check surveys for online fielding; program surveys on occasion
- Develop healthy working relationships with research suppliers and negotiate terms and scope for project quotes
- Assist account executive(s) in managing suppliers for projects, including sample management, recruitment, quotas and data processing
- Oversee progress and quality control for data collection, trouble-shooting as needed
- Work with research team to set and maintain data quality and standardized processes
- Design, review and check cross-tabulations of data from surveys, including input on coding for open-end questions
- Analyze results and findings from surveys, developing insights and implications
- Assist in developing reports in Word or PPT, including graphical presentation
- For qualitative research, design sampling and screening criteria and recruitment method
- Draft discussion guides for interviews and focus groups to meet research objectives
- Conduct interviews or focus groups with wide range of respondents, from consumers to executives
- Analyze findings from secondary research and qualitative interviews, synthesizing across multiple data sources as applicable
- Present research findings and insights for client meetings, pitches, or professional networks
- Coordinate with account team leads to ensure timely delivery of research results and insights
The Optimal Candidate Has:
- 2-5 years of traditional quantitative market or social science research experience
- Some experience with qualitative research
- Demonstrated ability balancing numerous projects of various sizes and complexity and at different stages
- Experience working with clients, vendors, and project management
- Strong proficiency: PowerPoint, Excel, cross-tabular and/or survey programming software (e.g. Qualtrics, Market Sight, etc.)
Pinkston offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package, including medical & dental insurance, a 401k investment plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice in addition to vacation and holidays.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com