Based in Washington, D.C. area (Falls Church, Virginia office)
Pinkston is currently seeking an entry level candidate to join its growing Research team, helping to bring research plans to completion for the company’s clients across all sectors. The research associate will be responsible for executing consistently and reliably on research projects, across every stage of a study.
Who We Are & What We Do
Our clients range from technology and education to healthcare, finance, faith-based nonprofits and business startups. Research informs and supports the work Pinkston does to guide clients in their communications and branding strategy, as well as earned and paid media programs, with an eye to long-term impact. The Research associate will work with colleagues on the research team as well as communications account teams to deliver research insights of a wide range of types.
Responsibilities & Ways of Working
- Our fast-growing team is hands-on and must be nimble to adapt to a variety of project types, market categories, clients and teammates. The research associate will have supporting responsibility for day-to-day execution on studies and be able to complete tasks independently as well as collaboratively.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Research and collect examples of brands’ positioning, media and communications strategies and develop market landscape analyses from insights
- Identify and analyze publicly available data sources on key topics to inform thought leadership and marketing programs
- Build-out and refine questionnaires for clients’ primary research
- Program surveys for online data collection and manage fielding, quotas, etc.
- Liaise with research suppliers on project execution, including sample management, recruitment, quotas and data processing
- Manage, test and clean survey or other data sets, construct cross-tabulations of data and develop coding for open-end questions
- Analyze survey results and other data sources, developing insights and implications
- Develop written and graphical reports, including some data visualization
- For qualitative research, draft and edit discussion guides
- Conduct interviews or focus groups with wide range of respondents, from consumers to executives
- Analyze findings from secondary research and qualitative interviews, synthesizing across multiple data sources as applicable
- On occasion, present research findings for client meetings or to internal teams
- Keep all projects on track and communicate with relevant parties to ensure timely delivery of research results
The Optimal Candidate Has:
- Exposure to and interest in traditional market or social science research (sociology, psychology, or marketing communications classes especially)
- Interest in and comfort working with numbers, data, and technical activities
- Demonstrated ability balancing numerous responsibilities or projects
- Proficiency with PowerPoint / slide development, Excel, and ideally a data analysis or visualization tool
Pinkston offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package, including medical & dental insurance, a 401k investment plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice in addition to vacation and holidays.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org