Pinkston seeks to hire an Account Coordinator who will be responsible for performing public relations responsibilities for our accounts, with a focus on our faith-based nonprofit clients. This individual will write press releases and other communications, pitch to reporters and bookers, respond to media requests for information, and coach clients on communicating with the media and the public. Candidates should have an understanding of nonprofits, faith-based organizations, and public policy.
Pinkston is a strategic communications firm that integrates traditional PR with digital media for modern communications. This position in-person will work out of our Falls Church, VA office. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary range expectations to email@example.com with “Nonprofit Account Coordinator” in the subject line.
Pinkston offers a fun and rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package which includes Medical & Dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- At least one or more years of relevant communications, political, public relations, and / or marketing experience
- Ability to be a self-starter, and brainstorm creative ideas that can generate positive media coverage
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse nonprofit clients and work within tight time frames
- An understanding of how nonprofits work, especially in the fields of ministry, humanitarian, pro-family policy advocacy, poverty alleviation, family support, and community outreach
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Write press releases, pitch the media, and execute PR and communications-related duties
- Manage nonprofit accounts and generate creative strategies that lead to positive media coverage for our clients