Pinkston is seeking talented director to provide creative vision and leadership to our film production projects. You will work closely with our clients to capture their voice and shape their stories into compelling films that reach their audiences and inspire action.
This position will work out of our Falls Church, VA office.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for overseeing all phases of the film production process. In collaboration with our creative lead, account teams, film production team and most importantly our clients, you will help establish the creative vision for each project. You will oversee the pre-production process, which may include preparation of director’s treatments and/or storyboards, shot lists, and filming schedules. In production, you will direct on-site, including conducting on camera interviews. You will also oversee post production, ensuring a successful execution of the creative vision.
While based in the Washington, DC metro region, a significant amount of travel is required, sometimes internationally, occasionally on weekends.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing our small film production team
- Contributing to a vision of growth for our film production services
- Presenting film concepts to clients
- Manage budgets and on-time delivery of final product
- Identify a build out a network of freelance talent
- Assist in new business development
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to really listen and understand our clients and their challenges—someone who understands storytelling and has the ability to shape stories in film—someone who is passionate about their craft and pushes the level of our work forward—someone who lives and breathes creativity.
Other qualifications and skills include:
- 7+ years experience in the film industry
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Passionate about branded storytelling
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical and dental insurance premiums covered at 80%, and a company-funded HRA covers 100% of deductible
- 401k retirement plan with 3% contributed by the company (no match required)
- Five paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice
- $50 reimbursement per month for health/wellness activities
Our driving passion is handcrafting visual stories and producing films with long shelf-lives. We labor over beautiful visuals and marry them with creative concepts that elevate your marketing and messaging goals. We sweat the details. Whether it’s our award-winning writing, cinematography, or post-production – we pour ourselves into each step.
View some of our recent work here: https://www.pinkstonproductions.co/
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.