Pinkston is seeking a strategic and creative digital writer with an interest in copywriting, digital content creation and writing for the web to collaborate with account managers (partners), executives and creative teams.
We’re looking for a writer who can help our clients find their voice online, create unique, beautiful copy that stands the test of time, drives action, makes search engines happy and leave curious readers wanting more.
This full-time position will work out of our Falls Church, VA office.
If you think you fit the bill, please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary expectations with “Digital Writer” in the subject line to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Digital Writer is responsible for producing a wide range of written materials but will be primarily responsible for helping clients find their voice in the digital space in ways that will have an impact for years to come. This will include creating website copy, researching and writing long-form blog content for a diverse range of clients, developing compelling social media articles and posts, creating strategic plans, op-eds, press releases and media advisories.
Qualifications and Skills
While this is primarily a writing position, it is a writing position that has specific digital goals in mind. The ideal candidate must have experience in a wide range of writing styles and can demonstrate strong strategic thinking while writing in a way that is optimized for web and social media users.
The interview process will include a writing test.
Pinkston client base includes companies, organizations and authors working in politics, health care, education, technology and numerous other fields. Applicants should be capable of learning and translating complicated ideas for general-interest audiences.
An undergraduate degree in strategic communication, English, journalism, creative writing or a related field is preferred but not required. Applications should demonstrate:
- At least two years of writing experience, candidates with a research background preferred
- General knowledge of digital marketing and the desire to grow in that area
- Experience in a wide range of writing styles;
- Knowledge in search engine optimization (SEO);
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients;
- Strong research skills and an ability to write on deadline;
- Initiative to self-start and problem-solve independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well in a small team of creative professionals
- Strong editing skills
Pinkston strives to foster a collaborative work environment. Adaptable, entrepreneurial individuals with broad skill sets and a desire to contribute and grow do well here.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical and dental insurance premiums covered at 80%, and a company-funded HRA covers 100% of deductible
- 401k retirement plan with 3% contributed by the company (no match required)
- Five paid volunteer days to contribute to the cause of your choice
- $50 reimbursement per month for health/wellness activities