Pinkston Strategy is seeking an experienced Business Strategy Senior Associate who will be responsible for supporting project-based client engagements that focus on solving complex, C-suite level business challenges. In this role, the Business Strategy Senior Associate will collaborate with project team to gather and analyze relevant data points, test hypotheses, and develop compelling recommendations.
The ideal candidate can break complex problems into logical components, under guidance of workstream / project manager lead research efforts for project team, leverage logical frameworks to work through ambiguity, and develop accurate, meaningful fact-based conclusions from analyses. Applicants should be able to develop trusted relationships with clients, work collaboratively in a team, and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
Applicants should be comfortable manipulating and synthesizing data and have strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Strategy Associate” in the subject line.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a demonstration of academic and extracurricular excellence
- Up to 1-2 years of experience in business strategy consulting or equivalent
- Comfort with executing accurate, logical analyses and linking insights to originating problem/question
- Ability to tactfully introduced analytic conclusions that refuted assumptions / challenge status quo
- Succinct communication skills and ability to present complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexible and adaptable to client needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist workstreams to analyze and identify pain points in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions
- Take ownership of data collection and support efficient delivery of solutions to clients
- Support project-based client engagements that focus on solving complex, C-suite level business challenges
- Collaborate with project team to gather and analyze relevant data points, test hypotheses, and develop compelling recommendations
- Support and drive client deliverable development including tools, dashboards, presentations, and briefings
- Other responsibilities not included in this description
Hours, Location, & Travel
Position allows remote work within continental USA. Regular travel to client site is required as part of the role. Travel intensity will vary based on client and needs of the organization. Candidates can expect at least monthly travel to PInkston headquarters located in Falls Church, VA. Travel will always be an open discussion with engagement leadership about expectations. Candidates local to Washington, D.C.-metro area may work on site in Pinkston office when not traveling to client site. Work hours are expected to be 55 hours per week, which can be worked in a flexible manner, but must align to client and company needs of operation. Remote working locations required to be within 60 miles of major airport.
Pinkston Strategy offers a fun and rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package which includes Medical & Dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice.
About Pinkston Strategy
Pinkston Strategy combines deep strategy and industry expertise to help commercial, public, and non-profit organizations define their future and achieve breakthrough results. We partner with ambitious clients to find and accelerate growth, create competitive advantage, and pivot operating models to unlock and deliver stakeholder value. Pinkston brings over 20 years of strategic communications experience to help you tell your story. Pinkston Strategy helps you write it.
Our experts have effectively led and guided companies across industries. Our clients want to make bold moves to reposition and disrupt. We identify white space for growth and impact, design strategic plans, help evaluate and prioritize investments, identify opportunity, and help organizations pivot to win.
At Pinkston, we strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We welcome individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds, and candidates of all ages, genders, races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.