Pinkston Strategy is seeking an experienced Business Strategy Consultant who will be responsible for supporting project-based client engagements that focus on solving complex, C-suite level business challenges. In this role, the Business Strategy Consultant will collaborate with the project team to gather and analyze relevant data points, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop compelling recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be able to structure ambiguous business problems and develop a logical, data-driven point of view on how to implement solutions. Applicants should be able to develop trusted relationships with clients, work collaboratively in a team, and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
Applicants should be comfortable manipulating and synthesizing data and have strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Strategy Consultant” in the subject line.
Business Strategy Consultant Responsibilities and Duties:
- Framing and completing strategic analyses and applying insights to relevant business problems
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment
- Collecting and utilizing relevant business and industry trend information and analyzing this information effectively by applying strategic analysis techniques and frameworks
- Utilizing the Microsoft suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality
- Other responsibilities not included in this description
Business Strategy Consultant Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-4 years of experience in strategy consulting or equivalent industry consulting experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable manipulating and synthesizing data
- Strong project management and deliverable management skills
- Expert-level competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Succinct communicator with ability to present complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Responds well to and enjoys change; works well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to client needs with a passion for exceeding expectations
Hours, Location, & Travel
Position allows remote work within continental USA. Regular travel to client site is required as part of the role. Travel intensity will vary based on client and needs of the organization. Candidates can expect at least monthly travel to PInkston headquarters located in Falls Church, VA. Travel will always be an open discussion with engagement leadership about expectations. Candidates local to Washington, D.C.-metro area may work on site in Pinkston office when not traveling to client site. Work hours are expected to be 55 hours per week, which can be worked in a flexible manner, but must align to client and company needs of operation. Remote working locations required to be within 60 miles of major airport.
Pinkston Strategy offers a fun and rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package which includes Medical & Dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice.
About Pinkston Strategy
Pinkston Strategy combines deep strategy and industry expertise to help commercial, public, and non-profit organizations define their future and achieve breakthrough results. We partner with ambitious clients to find and accelerate growth, create competitive advantage, and pivot operating models to unlock and deliver stakeholder value. Pinkston brings over 20 years of strategic communications experience to help you tell your story. Pinkston Strategy helps you write it.Our experts have effectively led and guided companies across industries. Our clients want to make bold moves to reposition and disrupt. We identify white space for growth and impact, design strategic plans, help evaluate and prioritize investments, identify opportunity, and help organizations pivot to win.
At Pinkston, we strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work in a collaborative environment. We welcome individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds, and candidates of all ages, genders, races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.